October Staff Spotlight: Michael Stanton

Joshua Dineros

Pictured above, Michael Stanton.

Joshua Dineros, Staff Writer

The Roosevelt Review recognizes Michael Stanton, Assistant Principal of student activities here at Eleanor Roosevelt High School, as October’s Staff Spotlight for his achievement and impact that he has made in our community.

Stanton’s life before ERHS

This is Stanton’s first year joining our community here at ERHS, and prior to this, Stanton at 19 years-old, enlisted in the United States Air Force where he remained until retiring honorably 20 years later in 2005. During that time Stanton started in law enforcement as a detective parol officer and superintendent of counterterrorism, community policing and community relations.

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, Stanton’s Office.

Then Stanton taught for ten years in leadership and communications being a superintendent an adult academy. Stanton was an executive administrator that handled moral recognition and special events such as coordinating visits for three Presidents of the United States and over 20 congressmen and women.

Leading up to his position here at ERHS, Stanton taught for 12 years in Orange County while seven of those years Stanton handled duties within site council, organizing WASC, and other administrative duties.

Stanton’s Accomplishments

Stanton first attributed his accomplishments in conjunction with the pride he has of being a husband and father of two girls, age 11 and 18. Education wise, Stanton is in his third and final year of completing organizational leadership doctorate program through the University of La Verne. Stanton values the most of being a servant leader, meaning that someone completes task through example and attributes to a better society. Stanton ends his accomplishments with a quote from Albert Einstein, “Do not try to become a person of success but try to become a person of value.”

Stanton and the ERHS Community

Stanton began to answer the question of our atmosphere on campus as being, “A beautiful school and I am very inspired with the great minds and student body that our school has.” Since Stanton is the administrator of student activities, he is, “Very proud to represent the ASB student leadership team, they are so committed with a passion to support our entire student body.”

Stanton adores the amount of support that ERHS offers to all of their students where he feels both blessed and fortunate of being a part of the ERHS family. Stanton’s dream of, “Be[ing] able to make a difference within this community,” has been fulfilled since he now lives in Corona.

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, Michael Stanton.

Stanton’s Vision for ERHS

Like the school motto and the wise words of ERHS Principal, Jeremy Goins, Stanton’s main vision is to be, “The best at getting better.” We will improve here on campus to create life lasting lessons so that our student body is inspired and equipped to make the world a better place.

An event that Stanton hopes to implement on campus is a ten year reunion for alumni of ERHS. In addition, Stanton also envisions to have international day assemblies and food fest, where students can explore different cultures and cultural clubs on campus. Also, Stanton also hopes to expand ERHS Renaissance to include recognition assemblies.

Through this all, Stanton is also focused on creating a smooth transition for students entering their freshman year and throughout each year until graduation. Stanton also emphasized to make the class of 2019 and every senior to be something that they remember throughout their life.

October Student Spotlight

This month, there will also be a student spotlight for the month of October, nominated by Michael Stanton. Stay tuned and stay involved in everything ERHS. Congratulations Mr. Stanton!