End-of-Quarter Expectations

Nayeli Rubio, Writer

Today marks the end of the first quarter of the 2018-2019 school year at ERHS. Coincidentally, this falls on a teacher work day, so students have this day to kick back (or not, depending on your workload) and reflect on the year so far.

While student grades at this point will  be evident on progress reports, they are, of course, not final. Even so, the stress of schoolwork has already set in for some students.

Nayeli Rubio
Nathan Van Ho hopes to excel in his classes this year.

Jailene Pantoja, a junior, is not one of those students.”I’ve been doing really well in all my classes. I think I’m gonna be super successful  this school year.” When asked how she felt about the year as a whole so far, she felt that it was too early to say anything definitive, and is instead waiting to see what the year brings.

With the first quarter coming to an end, she has some definitive  goals for the rest of the year; including passing her AP tests, making it into varsity choir, possibly gaining a solo or two.

Nayeli Rubio
Jailene Pantoja thinks the introduction of office hours has especially helped her in school this year.

Nathan Van Ho is a senior who says that  “Things are looking pretty good right now and my  teachers are a lot less strict so I  feel I can really enjoy this year. Not to mention this  is my last year so I’m looking forward to a lot of things.” In addition to these goals, he wants to get good grades, and as a senior, looks forward to applying to colleges. (and hopefully getting accepted).

As one fourth of the school year has already  passed by, and  freshmen are beckming accustomed to their new school, returning students are also navigating their way through the new schedule. Though it may be too early to decide what the year is going to be like, its never too early to start setting goals and working towards making this a memorable school year.